7.09.2012

Racing Bucket List

The more I get into running, the more races I hear about that I'm dying to participate in, but haven't been able to due to my overriding academic commitments. But now that I'm only two and a half short weeks away from re-entering the real world (read: the bar exam will be over and I'll be full-time job searching until something good comes along) I can't wait to do more races outside of Central Park. 

Case in point - last weekend was the NYC Triathlon. A year ago, I was too consumed with surviving marathon training for it to even cross my radar, but this year I see the photos from the event and I'm dying to be out there and in the thick of it. So on that note, I'm putting together my racing bucket list.

The List (in no particular order):
- a 50K
-NYC Tri
-Tour de Cure NYC Century ride
-Nike Womens Marathon (for the Tiffany bling, natch)
-Wineglass Marathon (because it has wine in the name)
-Napa2Sonoma Marathon (notice a theme here?)
-Napa Valley Marathon (great swag)
-RockNRoll Phoenix Marathon or Half
-Chicago Marathon
-Marine Corps Marathon
-LA Marathon

Any great races I'm missing?

8 comments:

  1. I would do some of those Napa races (do they offer the option of a half...?). And perhaps a century and a tri? And by that I would do them with you. As for others, I've heard the Portland Marathon is great (the one in the fall, the May Rock and Roll was fun, but just a half), Twin Cities is supposed to be awesome (hint hint), and I've heard half Ironmans are a blast (another hint :-P). DO ALL THE RACES!

    Oh and Nike Women's is a fun race, but actually probably not one of my faves...despite having run it 3x. And if you do, I'd do the half - the beauty of the course is in the first 13 and the majority of runners only do the half, so there isn't a lot of crowd support after you split around mile 11 or 12.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NYC Tri in July and then Poconos 70.3 in September? I have to learn how to ride a bike properly first, and get a job, but I think it's doable..... Do you want to come swim in the Hudson? I'd get a tetanus shot first.

      Also, you, me, LA Marathon, and then PATTYS BURRITOS AT THE FINISH. I think I just found your marathon. you're welcome. Maybe not until 2014 though.

      Delete
  2. I want to do the Yuengling Marathon or Half as well. Wine halves are a must.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think my friend did the Napa one and I've been dying to do it ever since. Take Marine Corps off. Just go to any mall around 5pm Christmas Eve and try to run and you'll get the same experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the crowdedness is the one of the best parts! That was one of the things I loved about the NYC Marathon was how freaking huge it was (THATS WHAT SHE SAID). It makes me feel a lot less slow and I met lots of people on the course.

      Delete
  4. You want to run MCM? Ugh, why don't you just ride the Metro all day in the summer and enjoy humanity. It's about the same.

    I don't want to do any of those races, other than a 50K. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound like some great races Emily. Good luck with the last of your studying for the bar!

    ReplyDelete